Monday 22 December 2014

Stan Kaminski

Stan Kaminski

Stan Kaminski is the originator of the ground breaking three colour painting method that enables even beginners to achieve outstanding results through a clear understanding of how to observe and interpret the subject rather than simply blindly copying. The technique also narrows down the process to any piece of work that is constructed, and make the piece lot more effective. As I looked into the landscape of Kaminski’s more closely, I strongly believe that this landscape was observational live drawing according to the shadows of the trees and bushes facing different directions. I really admire this scene because of the personal resonance it has to me; almost like a memory drive which flashes back my experiences as memories which I accumulated in this Castle.


The image above is a painting by Kaminski of Kenilworth Castle. I had taken a photo in the same Castle way before I met Kaminski or even known of him. I have constructed the composition to create a surreal image. I learnt that even if the two images aren't in the exact position or even of the same direction with the intention to create, the colours and shapes the two images will blend in together perfectly.
I met Kaminski in Birmingham when I went to visit the German market with my siblings; two brothers and a sister. As we were exploring the market, just as we crossed the border line of the German market and the usual Birmingham market I spotted Stan Kaminski and his stall. First I took a glance at several of his works of art and praised him. Then he explained to me about his three colour technique. As soon as he mentioned “the three colours” I had this feeling that we had a strong connection for Art as I have been focusing on my “three” countries experiences.
Kaminski has influenced me to keep a firm target for achieving a planned piece like he uses only 3 colours for his artwork, and as I have been focusing on my “three” countries experiences, I will stick to it.


Here is a photograph of Stan Kaminski and I. The photo was captured by my sister in Birmingham around 8pm therefore the image quality isn't as sharp. We didn't review the photo after until we got home and as my sister sent the photos, I wasn't as happy. And as my sister studies in Birmingham she took the photo of him the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment