Tuesday 21 October 2014

Calligraphy

Calligraphy to me has always been about characters to communicate the spiritual world of the artist. Just as one thousand persons will have many faces and one thousand persons will have as many differences in handwriting. Through the medium of form, way of handling the strokes, presentation, and style, calligraphy as a work of art conveys the moral integrity, character, emotions, feelings and culture of the artist to readers affecting them by the power of appeal.
I am also interested in Calligram to express my works of Art which may involve Calligraphy. Calligram is a poem, phrase, or word in which the typeface, calligraphy or handwriting is arranged in a way that creates a visual image. The image created by the words expresses visually what the words say.

Here are some examples of Calligram, I find this technique very compelling as I intend to investigate my influences and my identity.




I went to Tamworth to engage with the Wall Street Art, I really admired the works that have been presented by the respective artists, after the end of my visit I did become inspired by one main aspect from the Street Wall Art. The huge size of the art pieces which cannot be ignored by the eyes and very effective way to communicate and spread message to the environment.
From this day onwards I have moved out of my sketchbook and began to work on a larger scales such as A2 papers and large size boards.









































No comments:

Post a Comment